I hope everyone is having a happy New Years Eve! I was looking back at pictures from last New years Eve when I was just starting to get a little baby bump! Dan and I had a fancy dinner out and I was asleep by 10:30 pm (hey, I was pregnant)!
Tonight we made dinner with Brielle playing in the living room with her cousins. I cannot believe how different our life is only 365 days later!
Is anyone making any interesting New Years resolutions?
Here are mine. Maybe writing them down will keep me more accountable 🙂
1. Get on a better daily schedule: Since I am not working (aside from trying to grow my marketing business), it is very easy for me to let the day get away from me. If Brielle is sleeping in a little it is hard not to just sleep in as well. I would like to get myself into the habit of getting up the same time every day and getting things done.
2. Keep in touch with people: I have so many amazing friends who I am terrible at keeping in touch with. I want to make sure to be better about calling, emailing, etc.
3. The Usual: Lose weight! I actually lost almost 55 lbs while I was pregnant due to a restricted diet and very careful lifestyle choices. After Brielle was born (and I became so stressed with her colic, sleeplessness, general difficulties), I completely got off track and I have gained some back. I would like to be back to the weight I was after I had Brielle + 30 more lbs. SO I am joining the masses of people resolving to lose weight:)
I hope everyone has a safe and happy new years!
Grammy Raven and Brielle
You are 8 months old and I can hardly believe how time has flown by! It seems like you are changing every single day and you are turning into such a beautiful little person!
- You have 4 teeth, with 2 more on the way. Teething seems to have become a little easier. You have developed a new dental issue, teeth grinding! I was holding you and wondering what the strange noise was and it was you grinding your teeth together! Hopefully you grow out of this habit before you get your adult teeth.
- You laugh and smile so easily now! You are in the best mood first thing in the morning. Since you usually make it into mamma and daddy’s bed around 3AM I usually wake up to little hands grabbing onto my face.
- You have progressed from a little interest in Remy to full on interaction. You love to grab her face and pull her ears. Luckily she does not seem to mind and just nudges your hand away.
- You love your cousins. When Juliette and Jameson show up you are all smiles and so are they.
- You are still not great at sleeping on your own. If someone holds you then you sleep great, but if you are laid down in your crib you wake right up.
- You have not met a solid food you do not like! You are a super messy eater, but you love everything.
- You love a lot of activity, which is good since you are going to be growing up with a lot of family around. The more going on the happier you are.
You are such a wonderful daughter and we love you more and more everyday. We can’t wait to share your first christmas with you!
We love you Sunshine!
Momma & Daddy
I have been so behind on this blog it is ridiculous! We have been very busy with the holidays and just day-to-day life. We had a great Thanksgiving and we are getting ready for Christmas. My sister and her son are coming for 10 days and we are looking forward to Brie’s first Christmas. I am so excited that she will have so many babies in our family to celebrate the holidays with. My favorite memories growing up where of all my cousins together. Although we are super excited for her first Christmas next year will be even cooler since she will be aware of what is going on. Hopefully next year we will have even more family in town! My cousin Eva and her family want to come down again in 2011 so that will be all three of the girls and Jameson! I am already excited for that:)
Anyway, the point of this post was that we are starting to pack things away at a rapid rate. It makes me really sad to see the sizes fly by so quickly. She is already at the high end of her 9 month clothes! She will probably be into 12 months by the end of January. We packed away her swing and bouncy chair and just this week all of the nursing stuff. I wanted to breast feed exclusively up to 6 months and I made it to 7, so I am pretty happy. She has 2 top teeth and 2 bottom teeth now and no matter what I do she bites, HARD! So, I have been slowly weaning her onto formula until she was only nursing in the middle of the night. Last night she did not seem to be able to be satisfied at her 3 AM feeding and she needed a bottle at 6AM, so I think my supply is definitely drying up. So, today I am packing away my nursing clothes and my brest friend and boppy nursing pillows. I am happy to be done nursing, but it is the fist really big thing that is ending.
Here are a few pictures from the last month.