Brielle is 9 months old today. She weighs 21lbs, 1oz and is 29.75 inches long. Her head and height are above the 95th percentile, but she is proportional and is following the appropriate growth curve! I am washing all of her 12 month clothes as I write this.
Today you are 9 months old! I cannot believe how time is flying by. I am already starting to think about your 1st birthday party. You are changing everyday, and it is so fun to watch you discover the world around you. The biggest changes this month….
- You are crawling (well sort of). You pull yourself around with your arms and push with your legs. You are so quick and so proud of yourself when you get somewhere.
- Babbling! You have been saying Ba Ba Ba for awhile but yesterday you said MA MA. I do not think it was in context of calling me mama, but it was amazing to hear you say it.
- Sleeping Better: You have slept through the night 4 of the 5 past nights. Even though you still wake up in the middle of the night some time, it is easier to get you back to sleep.
- You are still not a great napper, you only like to nap if someone is holding you. That is the next habit we will try to break.
- You are happy when you see your cousins! You definitely recognize more people. When Jameson and Juliette come over you smile and laugh when they come in.
- You are in to EVERYTHING! Although our house looks like a toy store exploded your favorite things are anything not meant for babies.
- You have two more teeth coming in.
- You think everything Remy does is hilarious and you like to take her toys from her.
- Your new favorite expression is sticking your tongue out to one side. It is funny because it is a face your great papa Calvin made at us when we were little to make us laugh. You have his eye color and that combined with the funny tongue face makes me miss Papa a lot. I wish he could have met you!
You are such a happy and content baby, it makes momma almost forget about the cranky colic days 🙂 We love you so much!!!
Momma & Daddy:) 🙂
Brielle’s first Christmas, what can I say it was wonderful (mostly). We had our normal Christmas Eve of appetizers (a tradition from Dan’s family) and the opening of one present (a tradition from my family). Brielle received brand new Christmas jammies from Grammy Raven and we got her to bed.
Christmas morning we all got up and opened stockings. I happened to capture this picture of Brielle holding her stocking and smiling!
Dan grew up opening all his presents on Christmas Eve, and I grew up opening presents on Christmas morning. Dan said he does not care one way or the other so we have decided it is more to our taste to open Christmas morning.
Dan’s parents and my brother and his family arrived and we opened presents. Brielle got lots of books, clothes and toys! It is so easy to go overboard, but also tons of fun! I handed out the traditional picture calendar that I make. It is a tradition of the Mosher (my moms family, and all those who have married into our family). I take all the family related pictures of the past year and create a pictorial calendar that is sent to all the sisters and cousins on my mom’s side of the family.
Here is a picture of the ornament I bought for Brielle while we are in Alaska at the Santa Claus House. I plan on buying her one each year and when she moves out she will have a collection of her own ornaments to start out with.
My cousin sent me a wonderful ornament as well!!
Dan bought me a new Nikon D3100. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I was into photography in college, it was actually my major for a year. I sort of lost track of my passion for it, but I am excited to have a great camera to pick back up.
In the evening we went over to the Dofredo’s for dinner and a super fun gift exchange. They have a huge house and throw the best parties! Here are a few pictures from the evening!
So, all in all it was a fun day! There were few stressful events around Christmas that annoyed me, but I guess I could not expect to pull off a perfect 1st Christmas for her! No matter what happened, it was so fun to have Christmas with our daughter. Having kids around makes for a much different (but super fun) holiday season!