Momma is a little late writing this update. You have been keeping me busy!
You roll all over, back to front and back again.
You growl, it is hilarious!!!
You laugh at everything Brielle does, you love her!
We moved you out of you infant carrier into a rear facing seat and you seem to like it.
You are already in 12 month clothes!
We love you so much!!
Saw these on Pinterest and I liked them.
Elise rolled over for the first time today! Here are some right after pics
You are already 4 months old! I just cannot believe it. You are growing and changing so fast, it feels like we just brought you home.
- You laugh all of the time and smile very easily. You are so happy!
- Your first tooth has made an appearance. We noticed it on Valentines Day.
- You are a good size little lady! I had to take you to the doctor for a cold this month and you are already 18.5 pounds! You just moved into 9 month size clothes.
- You really love Brielle, she tells you stories and sings you songs and you are always smiling and laughing at her.
- You are a great day sleeper. You spend a lot of time snoozing in your swing (Brielle never did that). Although, you are getting pretty close to the weight limit so we need to get you out of that thing.
- Night time is good as long as you are snuggled up next to me. We need to get you into your crib this month.
We love you so much and cannot imagine our family without you!
You are already 3 months old and I cannot believe it! We are having so much fun watching you develop into the sweet little girl you will be.
- You have started making a lot more noise. You coo and even laugh sometimes. You still grunt a lot which is cute as well.
- You love hearing Brielle’s voice, you smile whenever she talks to you.
- You roll up on your side, but cannot quite make it over your chubby arm 🙂
- You are so chubby and cute! People always say they want to squeeze your cheeks
- You love your swing and will sleep in it for hours, you also like snuggling in bed with momma and daddy. Although we need to get you into your own bed soon.
We love you so much and cannot imagine life without you and your sister!!
Today I had my final check-up with the office that managed the diabetes element of my pregnancy. Before Christmas I had a two hour glucose test that involves drinking a sugary syrup and then having my blood sugar tested two hours later. I am happy to say that all is well and I am actually healthier than before I became pregnant. Last year at this time I found out I was pre-diabetic and today they said all my tests are normal. So, in the new year I hope to keep losing weight and becoming even more healthy and active.
The girls are doing great! Brielle continues to love on her sister. I am so happy we have not had to deal with to much jealousy so far.
Elise is a sweet chubby little thing who is smiling and gurgling non-stop!
Here is a picture of Brielle feeding Elise some pretend pineapple soup.
I cannot believe you are already two months old! You definitely have grown out of your newborn look and are growing like crazy!
- At your two month check-up you weighed 14.5 lbs and 25 inches long! That puts you between 3-6 month clothes already!
- You smile and coo all of the time now. You are a pretty happy baby and seem to enjoy interacting with us.
- Brielle LOVES you. She like to talk to you and read you stories. She calls you little miss, missy, Lisey, and sometimes missy Josie (not sure where she got the last one).
- You do not seem to like riding in the car. You cry getting in the seat, and cry every time the car slows. So we try to time your car rides around nap time so it is not a scream filled trip.
You continue to enrich our family and even though two kids are a challenge it is worth every minute!!
Love you little one!!
This is a little late, but I want to keep a monthly record of Elise like I did with Brielle.
Elise one month old
Your first month of life has been such a happy time for our family. You are such a sweet baby and we are so happy to have you join our family!
- You sleep so much during the day. The first couple days I was worried that something was wrong because Brielle never slept so much.
- You had some trouble nursing because you were tounge tied. We took you to an occupational therapist and then to have your tounge clipped. After that you were nursing like crazy!
- You were born at 7 lbs 15 oz, but at this point you are almost 12 pounds! You are a growing girl.
- You have the most beautiful blue eyes and you are very alert and strong.
We love you so much! Your big sister is head over heels. She loves to talk to you and tell you about her ballet class. I can’t wait to see you grow up and be your momma!!
Love you little one!!!
It has been six crazy weeks of getting used to being a family of four. Elise is a pretty good baby, she has her moments but no signs of colic so we are happy about that.
Her birth was a pretty standard c-section. We were suppose to arrive at the hospital at 830am, but as we were driving in the charge nurse called and said there was no room and to call back every half hour. We were eventually admitted at 1030AM. I went back to the OR around 1230. With Brielle I had already had 15 hours of labor and was exhausted and drugged up. This time I was able to walk to the OR and I was really rested.
The worst part was receiving the spinal block. The feeling of the needle was terrible and once it was in I started feeling like I was going to pass out. I was looking at Dan saying I don’t feel good over and over. They gave me something that made me feel better almost immediately. Dan said I looked really pale and apparently my blood pressure had dropped a bunch.
The c-section went well aside from her shoulders disrupting some blood vessels. So apparently there was a bit more blood loss than usual but nothing to be concerned about. She was born at 1:01 pm on October 16.
The hospital stay was great. Brielle came to visit every day. She was more interested in the iPad than the baby but she had fun with her Aunt and Uncle and Gramma Raven.
Here are some pics from the hospital
Wow, it has been a LONG time since I updated this. Since this is a record of our day to day life I really want to be better about writing more. Especially when it comes to documenting the girls. When I was pregnant with Brielle I wrote weekly about pregnancy progress and with Elise it was about every three weeks and I stopped around 30 weeks. I need to be better with her monthly growth updates or later in life I could be accused of favoring our first born. 🙂 So, hopefully you will hear from us more!!!